F20 Kernel recompile for Google Cloud

Michael Hall mike at mjhall.org
Tue Jan 14 02:08:55 UTC 2014

Hi I hope this is the appropriate forum for my question.
I am recompiling a F20 kernel as part of preparing a custom image for use
on Google Cloud.
I wish to build a minimal nginx+node.js+mondodb server image.
I am attempting to compile an image in accordance with Google's
recommendations here:
https://developers.google.com/compute/docs/building-image#providedkernel

Apart from Google's recommendations, there seem to be a large number of
other features that could/should be disabled.
Is there an existing guide anywhere as to how much useless stuff can be
safely disabled in the kernel in this use case?

Thanks

Mike