Intro and a question or two

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 21 14:08:18 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 10:10:55PM +0930, Michael Hall wrote:
> ATM I'm playing with kernel recompiles and seeing just how much stuff I can
> pull out without affecting a VM. Some stuff is obvious, other stuff totally
> obscure. Any guidelines on this? The goal is a custom Google Cloud image.

W don't have any guidelines on that -- and the kernel team has asked us to
come up with some, so this is a helpful time for it.

> Also, the Docker website says that docker-io is available for Fedora 20 but
> I'm having trouble finding it. Clues?

sudo yum install docker-io

should do it. (Also add yourself to the `docker` group after -- `sudo gpasswd
docker -a $USER`, so that you don't need to be root to run docker commands.)

The package will eventually be renamed to just `docker`, but that was
already taken by a (rather old) GUI launcher dock, which is in the process
of becomin `wmdocker`.

> Congrats to all involved in the PRD work to date. I'll consider putting my
> hand up for things when I know the ecosystem better.

Awesome. Feel free to dive in wherever -- there's enough wide open that it's
hard to go wrong.