Cloud image/ kernel/OVS followup

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Thu Jan 23 12:10:26 UTC 2014

On 01/23/2014 12:42 AM, Robyn Bergeron wrote:

[. . .]

>> TripleO isn't nested virt: The lower layer cloud is nova-baremetal or Ironic,
>> so your hypervisor hosts are running on bare metal, and they need ovs etc
>> indeed.
>
> Okay! I stand corrected. Perhaps my nested virt comment was more like "a similarity".. or not.. anyway. :)

Was wondering the same. As, they were s

Side note: /me volunteers to do nested virt testing (KVM on KVM, Intel)
with rawhide/upstream bits of Kernel/KVM/QEMU. If you need any help on
that front, give me a yell.

(Shameless self-plug: Last update on that at LinuxCon EDI, 2013 [1])

>> Note that for Fedora based deploys we *start* with a fedora cloud image, so
>> if it's not possible to install ovs and physical hardware drivers into those
>> images, it won't be possible to deploy OpenStack using TripleO w/Fedora.
>
> When you say "for Fedora based deploys we start with a fedora cloud image" - this is *just* for the TripleO case, or is this for a "regular" (SingleO, hah) deploy as well?
>
> Sorry if I'm being confusing (or if I'm just confused) :) I just know there are plenty of projects out there who are developing new tech rather rapidly and not everyone in the cloud SIG is intimately involved in all of them. Until we get clones. Working on that. :) But "additional feedback" never hurts.

I hear you, especially so in the Cloud land!

PS: A small side suggestion, Robyn. Your mails appear as long lines
making them rather difficult to read. (You might want to wrap them for
better readability.)

If you're using thunderbird as email client, here's how:
=====
1] Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Click on "Config Editor..."
2] Click on "I'll be careful, I promise!"
3] Search for the string -- mailnews.wraplength -- and edit that value
to 72 (or 80 or whatever you prefer)
=====
(I do not remember if you have to restart thunderbird or not)

[1]
http://kashyapc.fedorapeople.org/virt/lc-2013/nested-virt-kvm-on-kvm-CloudOpen-Eu-2013-Kashyap-Chamarthy.pdf

--
/kashyap