Cloud SIG grou Todo list

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 29 13:31:11 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 12:35:16AM -0600, Adam Miller wrote:
> As someone from the OpenShift camp, I think it would be a great idea to
> make this be more general PaaS where OpenShift could be a subcategory (as
> other PaaSs would as well) and I would love to see other PaaS technology
> running on Fedora. The more the marrier.

We had decided that we wanted to at least initially focus on a generic "base
image" plus 2 to 4 images focused on specific solutions. The generic image,
of course, could be the foundation on which any PaaS is installed.

The thinking was that we would make an OpenShift-tailored image be one of
the 2-4 specific one. But if you don't think that's useful, we could take
that off the list. (I'm sure there's plenty of _other_ OpenShift work we
could put on the general todo, of course.) It doesn't strike me as useful to
have a generic-PaaS-focused spin -- that's the generic base already, isn't
it?

Maybe I'm just not getting what you guys are saying. :)

> Also, is there planned to be an IaaS category of that document at some
> point or is that out of scope?

Out of scope for the Cloud _product_ and Cloud WG, *in* scope for the Cloud
SIG. And therefore I think in scope for this list, although maybe it would
be useful to tag or segment things in some way.

Hmmmm. Maybe the wiki isn't the best technology for this list -- I wonder if
we should use Trello (or the open source clone I saw some people were
working on?).....