Cloud SIG news - week 29

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 18 17:45:20 UTC 2014

Hi folks !

we had to cancel this week's meeting due to the lack of quorum.
Let me remind you that Joe (jzb) announced earlier this week a new
meeting time after a vote:
Fridays @ 17:00 UTC / 13:00 Eastern / 12:00 Central / 10:00 Pacific

To find the next meeting time in your local time: date -d "Friday 17:00 UTC"

By the way, the Cloud WG had to replace one of its voting member: Andy
Grimm -agrimm) had been nominated by the existing members (including
Sando Mathys -red_trela- whom he replaces) +7
Welcome Andy and thank you Sandro for your dedication ! :)

In place of the weekly meeting, we had an informal meeting in
#fedora-cloud, few highlights:
* Due to the current poor shape of the hadoop ecosystem packages, the
Big Data Image will be delayed, the priority being fixing the packages
I suggested that we make it a spin for F21 and the official
deliverable rescheduled to F22
* imcleod is moving forward with Rackspace's nova agent, few packaging
issues might arises for requirements, but imcleod plans to provide a
copr repository anyway and the resulting cloud image will be
semi-official
* roshi thinks that the tests validation matrix is good enough for
testing the upcoming alpha release

If you have any news to share with us, feel free ;)

Best regards,
H.