proposal: Fedora Cloud Experimental image/spin?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 2 13:43:59 UTC 2014

So, we've got the traditional Cloud Base image, and the focused Fedora
Atomic image. (Plus of course the Big Data one, which will build on top of
Cloud Base.)

What if we also have a Fedora Cloud Experimental image? This would be only
rawhide nightlies, with no other releases. And it'd be a place where we
could try out not-ready-for-prime-time ideas like the alternate metadata
services and networkd.

I thought that the Fedora Atomic image would serve this role, but as I'm
thinking about it, and especially as we get closer to actually having
"production" releases of that, I think that while it'll probably _get_ those
experimental things sooner, there's enough going on with Atomic itself that
it'd be better to have a separate place to do the actual experimenting.

What do you think?

                                  "Tepid change for the somewhat better!"