Prioritizing getting python-cheetah out of cloud-init

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 17 12:46:15 UTC 2014

> cloud-init requires python-cheetah. This pulls in python-pygments. This
> pulls in python-pillow, which pulls in ghostscript. Then we get the whole X
> stack.
>
> Can we break this at the top?
>

> --
> Matthew Miller
> <mattdm at fedoraproject.org>
> Fedora Project Leader

It shouldn't be too hard to replace it with python-jinja2 (pulls in
pytz, tzdata, python-babel, python-markupsafe) or something else.
But to be accepted upstream, we need to find a way to remain
compatible with the existing templates (lazy-loading cheetah when no
template engine is explicitly chosen)

https://bugs.launchpad.net/cloud-init/+bug/1219223 (comment #3 gives
us a hint if we want to get our patches upstreamed)

best regards,
H.