Fedora @ Google Cloud

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at google.com
Wed Jun 18 23:46:01 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 3:52 PM, Renich Bon Ciric
<renich at woralelandia.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> wrote:
>> The issue is we are trying to build one image to run in all clouds, so
>> cloud provider specific tools are out. extend the functionality of
>> cloud-init if you feel its useful. Ideally its something that can work
>> in all providers.
>
> Oh, a single image for all. That will be a hard one.

Agreed, that would be really hard to accomplish on a first moment.

Can we try to target a GCE-specific Fedora image to start and look at
convergence on a second stage? At the very least, that would allow us
to figure out what works and what doesn't... Also, it would help
figure out what extensions we'll need in cloud-init to make it do the
same things.

For the record, I just checked the centos-6 image in GCE and it uses
the Google daemons and not cloud-init. I believe the same is also true
for the debian-7 and ubuntu images as well (though I haven't checked
that.)

Cheers,
Filipe