Packaging Google-Daemon

Renich Bon Ciric renich at woralelandia.com
Tue Jun 24 13:31:12 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 8:15 AM, Filipe Brandenburger
<filbranden at google.com> wrote:
> Hi Renich,
>
> I think you directed the message at me alone and not the mailing list...

Whoops! Sorry! Let's keep it on the mailing list.

> On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 6:03 AM, Renich Bon Ciric
> <renich at woralelandia.com> wrote:
>> Ok, here're the SRPM, RPM and SPEC files:
>>
>> http://23.251.155.37/fedora/
>>
>> I'm trying it out on that same server and it works, so far. It seems
>> to work at least.
>
> Nice! I'll check them out.
>
>> Anyone interested in reviewing?
>
> One minor nitpick... I think the name "google-daemon" is a bit too
> generic and doesn't convey the idea that this is relevant for the
> google *cloud* :-)
>
> The CentOS image calls it "google-compute-daemon":
>
> $ rpm -qa google\*
> google-startup-scripts-1.1.3-1.noarch
> google-compute-daemon-1.1.3-1.noarch
>
> Which is also what the release tarballs are called:
>
> https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/compute-image-packages/releases

I'll change the name then.

> BTW, it seems that 1.1.4 is out, I believe that one will include the
> systemd config, maybe you could update it to use the released 1.1.4
> instead of a git commit later than the tagged based as the initial
> point for your package(s).
>
> Cheers!

Ok, I'll update it. The reason for the latter commit is that it fixed
some issue that was critical.

--
It's hard to be free... but I love to struggle. Love isn't asked for;
it's just given. Respect isn't asked for; it's earned!

http://www.woralelandia.com/
http://www.introbella.com/