changes list for fesco (Cloud WG members -- action needed!)

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 4 12:40:27 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 04, 2014 at 05:23:01PM +0900, Sandro red Mathys wrote:
> That's a long way of saying "it depends", but I appreciate the details
> ;) Figure changes are supposed to be mostly implemented by the SIG
> while external needs are mostly implemented by the external resource
> and the owners' primary job is to work as a point of contact and
> keeping track, etc.?

Yeah, basically. And figuring out what to do when the external resource
comes back and says "we're going to need a lot of help with that". :)

> Also, regarding the change "Move to ImageFactory For image Creation",
> do we mean "putting ImageFactory into Koji" or "changing the cloud
> base kickstart file to being ImageFactory-compatible" or something
> completely different? It's not really clear from the description
> (unless you know the tools / processes / current progress of both
> tasks better, I guess).

Sorry, yeah -- it means putting ImageFactory into Koji. This is work in
progress and should land in an upstream koji release real soon now.

> So, what's the process of claiming ownership? Just edit the wiki and
> get started? Or is there some kind of approval process? Or a "go"
> signal to wait for?

Post (a new thread) here and edit the wiki. Possibly also post on the devel
list if it's one of the ones with broad interest. I don't think any of these
need a go signal -- the only reason I can see them being rejected is lack of
time / resources, and if someone is actually already making it happen then
that won't be a problem.