Fedora Atomic and Docker Host Image [was Re: Docker Host Image: Requirements?]

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Thu Mar 6 18:08:35 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 11:58 AM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb at redhat.com> wrote:

> How would this go over for people coming from $other_images that have
> cloud-init and expect to use it? If I understand correctly, you're
> saying their existing stuff isn't going to work well w/Fedora even if
> we
> have cloud-init, but I wonder if not having it is going to be seen as
> negative?

Yes, I worry about this.  It would have to be messaged very clearly.

On the other hand, I think Matt has identified a small set of
additional features that would make min-metadata-service have
sufficient coverage that it wouldn't be too difficult for a lot of
users to transition.

I admit I don't have much data - but from my view we should just allow
the admin to bootstrap to better tools which fit the configuration
management space, like Ansible or Puppet or whatever.