Fedora Atomic and Docker Host Image [was Re: Docker Host Image: Requirements?]

Sandro "red" Mathys red at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 7 09:42:45 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 10:45 PM, Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 8:19 AM, Sandro red Mathys <red at fedoraproject.org>
> wrote:
>
> - Create image using ImageFactory (and initialize ostree in %post)
>

> This is possible, but in the realm of options which range from:
>
> 1) Hack up current rpm-ostree direct .qcow2 generation code
> 2) ImageFactory with custom %post
> 3) Anaconda support
>
> I'd rather at least *attempt* to go straight from #1 to #3.
>
> If anyone wants to play around with #2 though, the relevant code is here:
> https://github.com/cgwalters/rpm-ostree/blob/master/src/autobuilder/js/libqa.js#L338

Sorry, missing something here. What would I need that code for? I was
actually thinking about writing something like:

%post
ostree admin os-init fedora-atomic
ostree remote add fedora-atomic http://rpm-ostree.cloud.fedoraproject.org/repo
ostree pull fedora-atomic
fedora-atomic/rawhide/x86_64/buildmaster/server/docker-io
ostree admin deploy --os=fedora-atomic --karg-proc-cmdline
--karg=<stuff> fedora-atomic:
fedora-atomic/rawhide/x86_64/buildmaster/server/docker-io
%end

> One thing that's pretty important to understand about all of this is that
> OSTree needs to own writing the bootloader configuration - not anaconda, not
> grubby out of a %post. That's how the atomic upgrades work.

Hm, does Anaconda write the bootloader config before or after
executing %post scripts? Either the above could still work or not, I
guess.