New meeting time + call for agenda items

Juerg Haefliger juergh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 13:59:24 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 2:46 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org>
wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 08, 2014 at 08:51:51PM +0900, Sandro red Mathys wrote:
> > than run away and hide in fear without even looking at it first. As
> > soon as I have some kind of access to some kind of cloud (without
> > charging my credit card), I'll play around with the various bits (and
>
> We should be able to get you access to Fedora's own openstack instance for
> working on this -- file a ticket with Fedora Infrastructure, I think.

Or you can try my pet project: https://github.com/juergh/dwarf/ which adds
the OpenStack API (a subset of it, that is) ontop of your your locally
running libvirt daemon. It'll allow you to use the standard OpenStack
python clients to manage VMs and cloud images on your local machine. I use
it to test images before uploading them to the (HP) cloud, so it's slightly
biased towards our OpenStack implementation. It also provides an EC2
metadata service to the instance to please cloud-init (but no OpenStack
config drive). Feedback, bug reports and patches are more than welcome.

Sorry, no RPMs yet.

...Juerg