Modular Kernel Packaging for Cloud

Sandro "red" Mathys red at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 13 12:50:10 UTC 2014

We initially planned to make the modular kernel packaging a
self-contained change. But it now seems we also require changes to
Anaconda and yum (and dnf?), so I think this change rather falls into
the category of a system-wide change. According to the rules, I think
it would still be possible to propose the change as a self-contained
change IF we list owners of all affected packages. But changing
kernel, anaconda and yum does seem rather critical to the whole system
so I do think a system-wide change would be much more appropriate.
More so since it might well be that the kernel split does affect more,
as of yet unknown packages. Any objections to change the scope?

-- Sandro