[fedora-virt] Problem installing Fedora 20 cloud image

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Mar 20 12:57:35 UTC 2014

> On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 04:05:42PM -0400, Eric V. Smith wrote:
> > Then I try to install the image with:
> > # virt-install --import --name build-f20 --ram 512 --vcpus 1 --disk
> > path=./Fedora-x86_64-20-20131211.1-sda.raw,bus=scsi --disk
> > build-f20-cidata.iso,device=cdrom,bus=scsi --network
> > bridge=virbr0,model=virtio --graphics=none

Hmm, "bus=scsi"?  Although this is Xen, this seems to be a surprising
choice.  I would have thought bus=xen (or possibly bus=virtio) would
work better.

If you look at the guest kernel output, you can see that no sda hard
disk device is detected at all, which would mean that the guest
doesn't have the right device drivers to see this sort of disk.  And
since there is no model=... in the libvirt XML I'm not even sure what
device driver would be required here.  Xen probably chooses a default
SCSI device to emulate.

Rich.