self introduction

Scott Collier emailscottcollier at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 01:49:14 UTC 2014

On 03/21/2014 02:31 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 12:51:57AM +0530, Aditya Patawari wrote:
>> I have gone through Cloud_ToDo and I think I can start with
>> Library_of_Dockerfiles. I see that several dockerfiles are already
>> present at [3]. What other stacks do we plan to have? Is there a wish
>> list?
> Starting a wishlist would probably be good idea. We should ask Scott Collier
> where he would prefer to track that -- maybe in the github site, maybe in
> our trac, maybe in a wiki.

Thanks for looping me in here Matt.  I just signed up for the Cloud SIG
mailing list.

I'm excited to see interest in expanding the fedora-dockerfiles
project.  It's a great way to learn Docker and contribute at the same time.

Right now we have these two repos:

https://github.com/scollier/Fedora-Dockerfiles

which is mirrored to:

https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/dockerfiles.git/

In addition, I'm keeping my notes on Docker here:

http://www.colliernotes.com/

Now, as for a wishlist, it doesn't exist yet.  What I have right now is
a needs_work directory in the repo and in that, I have created empty
folders on things I intend to get to.  For example, skysql, cake,
etc...  I think a good process would be to create a wiki page so people
can add to the wishlist quickly and then follow up on that work via
trac.  I'm interested in feedback as to whether or not that will work
for everyone.  How do other projects handle this?

Some things on the todo:

1. Take a look at some of the Dockerfiles that were tested on Docker
0.7.0 and make sure they work on the newest versions.
2. Wiki page creation
3. Adding Dockerfiles and instructions that include examples of linking,
for example, an apache container linking to a mariadb container.
4. Trac instance, I'm not sure how to do that yet.
5. I'm sure there's more that I'm not thinking of right now.

Help is always welcome.
Thanks.