qemu / VNC / vino

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Tue Mar 25 18:06:31 UTC 2014

Hello,

  So I've found a 'bug'. I have a group of developers who use
vagrant/libvirt to develop against. We use VNC since we are a
distributed team to connect to each other's desktops/workstations for
when we're at the 'huh this makes no sense'.

  If libvirt/qemu-system-x86_64 starts before vino-server (which is
common since we don't leave the vnc access on all the time). Then vino
only listens on ipv6 instead of ipv4 and ipv6. At that point no one can
connect to the workstation over vnc since we are all ipv4 connected.

  I'm not sure where the bug is and it isn't really a big bug as much as
I need to be able to tell either vino or qemu-system-x what ports to
use.

  Thoughts? What should I look at/report?
--
Nathanael