qemu / VNC / vino

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Mar 26 09:42:15 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 12:06:31PM -0600, Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:
>   If libvirt/qemu-system-x86_64 starts before vino-server (which is
> common since we don't leave the vnc access on all the time). Then vino
> only listens on ipv6 instead of ipv4 and ipv6. At that point no one can
> connect to the workstation over vnc since we are all ipv4 connected.

BTW, the fact that vino finds something listening on IPv4 port 5900, and
then decides to only listen on IPv6 itself is really a bug in vino.
If a IPv4 port is occupied it should not attempt to listen on the very
same port on IPv6. It should pick a new port where both IPv4 and IPv6
are unoccupied.

Regards,
Daniel