Fedora Cloud Workgroup Meeting Minutes 01 May 2014

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Tue May 6 17:49:31 UTC 2014

>  I'm not sure what you are saying here. This is about yum/dnf/etc.
> being
> in the minimal install image for the Atomic host.
>  Do you plan to ship rpm-ostree in that?

I thought that was the plan?

>  I guess you are saying that you are planning on shipping more than
> just
> ostree, so people can do the rpm packages diff thing? Or for other
> features too?

Packages diff, plus future support for layering packages.  Concretely,
I really want the ability to add stuff like strace and gdb.

>  Are you sure this feature is worth bringing in the entire
> libhawkey/librepo/libcomps/librpm chain?

Yeah, they're not large.  Or put another way, at least I'm seeing far
larger space offenders.

>  Not really. puppet is in ruby, cpanel is in perl. I'm not saying it's
> sane, but users really hate python deps. ... so we'd probably want
> more
> than "It's a sane language, and could be useful"

There's Ansible, but yeah; I was more saying I think the configuration
management space is another reason to support general package layering,
not for/against Python specifically.