What needs to happen for official Fedora in GCE?

Vaidas Jablonskis jablonskis at gmail.com
Thu May 15 13:35:37 UTC 2014

I wrote GCE datasource support for cloud-init and submitted upstream few
months ago which is now released -
https://launchpad.net/cloud-init/trunk/0.7.5 . Not sure if this helps in
any way. I have been running f20 in GCE in production for a long time now:
https://github.com/vaijab/fedora-gce-image

Let me know if I can be useful with anything.

Thanks,
Vaidas

On 15 May 2014 14:25, Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone. As promised at the meeting two weeks ago, here is an email
> about this. :)
>
> I think the goal here is (and correct me if I'm wrong):
>
>  a) a "semi-official" F20 image in GCE as soon as possible
>  b) actually-official F21 images (for all of our spins)
>
> See https://fedorahosted.org/cloud/ticket/5 for the blockers. I think
> these
> are both resolved in F21 but the GCE datasource isn't yet in cloud-init in
> F20. So, there are really two parallel lines of work here:
>
>  a) producing and uploading the ad-hoc F20 image (possily as a remix, if we
>     don't get a cloud-init update
>  b) figuring out what release engineering and quality assurance needs we
>     have for F21, and... someone to do those things. (If we have an easy
>     upload process which uses open-source tools included in Fedora, it'll
> be
>     easy for Fedora Rel-Eng to add that to the current process. Better,
>     we'll want it integrated into the planned _automatic_ process.)
>
> Anything I'm missing here?
> --
> Matthew Miller    --   Fedora Project    --    <mattdm at fedoraproject.org>
>                                   "Tepid change for the somewhat better!"