final mirrorlist location for Atomic

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 4 15:48:22 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 10:28:02AM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> > Assuming that this is correct, what needs to change? Is this a
> > kickstart line? We should make the appropriate change _today_.
> That's not a globally replicated location, it means we're not taking
> advantage of mirrorlists. Particularly for cloud, I think we really

Right, we decided a long time ago to defer worrying about mirroring
until F22.

> want content replicated in each provider's AZ to avoid transit costs.
> Not sure if Fedora does this now.

We had this set up several releases ago but it was dropped due to lack
of popularity, if I recall. Now that we're scaling up our efforts we
should revisit.

^ Kushal that's one for the todo list. :)

> Also:
> 1) That data comes from the atomic01.qa box that was provisioned as a
> testbed for Atomic work, with the idea that official composes would
> be done in rel-eng

I thought that's what Luke was working on?

> 2) It's only composing rawhide right now

:-/

> And also note that until I get a chance to push some changes to
> spin-kickstarts, we're not going to have optimized LVM, which is 36%
> of the point of Atomic.

Since beta is out the door, let's make those changes right now and get
to testing them.

> The most realistic option to me seems to be to deliver Atomic 21
> asynchronously from Fedora 21 final. Ideally within a few weeks?
> Welcome to other ideas though.

We _really_ don't have a mechanism for that, although we have
previously shipped updated images in emergencies. We've got people on
this -- let's get it done with the actual release — there's still a
month to go. (Two weeks of unfrozen, two where we can request
exceptions but hopefully won't need to.)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>