help wanted -- test/karma docker-storage-setup

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Wed Nov 5 23:09:21 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014, at 04:11 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 12:22:33PM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > > In the meantime, I'd argue that changing it for the test candidates is
> > > a step forward from the internal URL.
> > Although obviously we need it to be more than rawhide.
>
> And also -- we _want_ it to hit the internal URL in koji but be
> configured to access the outside URL after, right? So, that should be
> changed in %post, I guess?

Right.  This is a complex topic, because when I wrote the original Anaconda rpmostreepayload patches, I had been thinking of a boot.iso scenario, whereas it's awkward for the ImageFactory-on-server.

The short answer is to change it in %post.

The long term answer is for Anaconda's rpmostreepayload to be aware of the distinction between "distribution side" composes and downstream composes.  (And for that matter, for Anaconda itself to understand this.  We shouldn't have to rm /var/lib/systemd/random-seed in %post)