urgent(ish): heat-cfntools -> python-boto -> python3 -> sad

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Sat Nov 8 18:39:47 UTC 2014

hey all. heat-cfntools requires python-boto, which requires python3,
which shouldn't happen before we're ready to transition to python3
overall.

This has a _significant_ impact on image size now that the python-boto
dep is gone from cloud init. Having _one_ python requirement is bad
enough but it's egregious to pull in both 2 and 3.

1. does heat-cfntools hard-require python-boto?
2. can we use a python-boto that isn't python3 before we're ready?
   (there was supposed to be a coherent plan for this!)
3. should we drop heat-cfntools for f21?

Agents are a pain. :(

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>