Content for getfedora.org, meeting recap

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Tue Nov 11 04:58:44 UTC 2014

On 11/10/2014 02:50 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Minutes:         http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-mktg/2014-11-10/website-content.2014-11-10-19.03.html
> Minutes (text):  http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-mktg/2014-11-10/website-content.2014-11-10-19.03.txt
> Log:             http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-mktg/2014-11-10/website-content.2014-11-10-19.03.log.html

One thing I have noticed - we don't have a "place" for Fedora Docker
images. Since they were taken on by the base WG, they have sort of been
orphaned under products. Do they belong under Server? Cloud? Spins?

> Notable -- Once a draft of strings are finished for the getfedora.org
> site, we'll pass to Working Groups through their liaisons for
> feedback.  We're aiming to have those in the next 24 hours or so.

Hmmm. So I produced a patch against the getfedora branch. (Attached)
Here's the strings for the cloud pages:

main page:

Fedora Cloud:

Fedora Cloud provides a minimal Fedora cloud image for use in public and
private cloud environments. It includes just the bare essentials so you
get enough to run your cloud application -- and nothing more.

Get Cloud page:

Top:

Fedora Cloud has the tools
for public and private clouds,
traditional workloads, or Docker containers.

Middle:

The Fedora Cloud Working Group offers two variants for different use
cases. The Base image is suitable for anyone who wants to run Fedora in
the AWS public cloud, or on a private cloud like OpenStack.
The Fedora Atomic Host is generated using rpm-ostree to allow true
"atomic" updates, and is optimized to run Docker containers.
Both are available in formats suitable for public or private clouds.

[[We need a quote or something for the middle - who could we get
something from? Think testimonial.]]

Bottom:

Fedora Cloud images provide leading edge software for development and
deployment in public cloud environments.

--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst