Content for getfedora.org, meeting recap

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 11 15:54:18 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:58:44PM -0600, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> One thing I have noticed - we don't have a "place" for Fedora Docker
> images. Since they were taken on by the base WG, they have sort of been
> orphaned under products. Do they belong under Server? Cloud? Spins?

It'd be nice to have a little blurb on the web page linking to the
docker hub, I guess.

> The Fedora Cloud Working Group offers two variants for different use
> cases. The Base image is suitable for anyone who wants to run Fedora in
> the AWS public cloud, or on a private cloud like OpenStack.
> The Fedora Atomic Host is generated using rpm-ostree to allow true
> "atomic" updates, and is optimized to run Docker containers.
> Both are available in formats suitable for public or private clouds.

Iterating on this a little bit...

  If you want a solid yet flexible minimal image on which you can build
  whatever you like, choose **Fedora Cloud Base** to run in the AWS EC2
  public cloud or in a private cloud like OpenStack. If you want to try
  our next-generation solution for running Docker containers on top of
  an optimized system with true "atomic" updates, check out **Fedora
  Atomic Host**.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>