Adding open-vm-tools package to Fedora Atomic

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Sat Nov 22 12:20:38 UTC 2014

> You'd need to reformat them to vmdk with 'qemu-img convert' first, I think.
> I got the Koji image to work on Windows 8.1 Client Hyper-V by using
> 'qemu-img convert' to convert it from qcow2 to vhdx.
>
> On a related note, is there a plan to build "boot2atomic"? Like Boot2Docker,
> only Atomic instead of coreos.

I think you're mistaken. First, boot2docker is not based on CoreOS,
it's a lightweight linux distro (a derivative of Tiny Core Linux).
Second, Atomic Host/Core OS/Boot2docker albeit optimized for different
use cases (production vs test) are minimal distro
for hosting containers.

You may use Fedora Atomic as an alternative to boot2docker, though it
won't be as small as boot2docker.

Regards,
H.