Proposed Cloud release criteria for F21

Mike Ruckman roshi at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 2 23:23:53 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 01, 2014 at 05:54:42PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:

<snip>

> We kind of already have this, really, in that we don't *explicitly* say
> that all the requirements about desktop stuff don't apply to non-desktop
> installs, but everyone just understands it. We could add some fairly
> short boilerplate somewhere that covers the most obvious cases, easily
> enough.

That works for me. I don't even think the boilerplate is required - it's worked
so far. I was just making a note of it in case.

> I think these are short enough that we could reasonably add a 'Cloud
> Product requirements' section to the existing criteria, along the line
> of the 'Server Product requirements' section that's already there.

I'll go ahead and add these two in then.

<snip>

> >  * Note that cloud installations don't need to be able to upgraded from release
> >    to release (this might be wrong though)
>
> This is kind of an interesting one I'd think we'd want the Cloud WG to
> consider.

This is still going to be up for discussion with the Cloud WG. I can see it
either way, depending on if your cloud is mostly pets or mostly cattle. I'll add
that to the meeting agenda for this friday (Cloud WG meeting).

> >  * I would alter the "Shutdown, reboot, logout" criteria say "system" instead of
> >    "desktop" since I'm sure all products want to be able to do all those things.
>
> It already states:
>
> "must work using standard console commands"
>
> we could possibly look at re-wording it to cover Cockpit for Server and
> cloud management consoles (clouds have those, right? right?) for Cloud.

If it seems like it's worth it. I just read the "desktop" as the qualifier for
the criteria - but like above, everyone just understands it as is. At best, I
was nitpicking I think :)

--
// Mike