Cloud Test Overview

milanisko k vetrisko at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 08:37:17 UTC 2014

Fair enough. Not sure about the Taskotron features (plan) but our harness
already supports couple of things which are a must for the load we've been
facing wr. images validation:
- parallel instances handling
- parallel test cases execution
- test case dependencies
- remote (bash) code execution (rpyc)
- expect-like test support (paramiko + bunch of handy methods)
- dry-run mode
- event-driven (gevent)
- capable of handling ~200 simultaneous connections from a single process
- custom testing modules support
- test case tags, stages, filters and applicability handling
- instance reboot handling
- plain YAML result files, easily to translate to e.g. xunit
- GPLd, GitHub-hosted, open-source
These give us a workhorse for which we're missing a fedimg listener atm.
Actually, we have to implement one anyway because of our release
engineering adopting a process similar to fedmsg.

Sorry for the advertisement ;) but we're missing a community and should the
community miss a harness, there's one worth of considering I think...

Cheers,
milan