ec2 elastic network interfaces for fedora

Ethan Tuttle ethan at ethantuttle.com
Thu Oct 23 00:07:22 UTC 2014

Hi fedora-cloud people.

I just posted some code on github that I thought would be of interest
here.  It's a port of amazon's ec2-net-utils RPM to fedora 20.  This adds
proper support for elastic network interfaces to F20 instances on ec2.

https://github.com/etuttle/ec2-utils

There's a README there with some gory details as well as a link to a copr
repository for builds.

This work may not be appropriate for Fedora's base ami (which is
cross-cloud I think)?  But in the future, it would be nice if the official
AMI could support ENI's out-of-the-box.  I find ENI's very useful for
migrating services between instances with minimal downtime.

Thanks,

Ethan