help wanted -- test/karma docker-storage-setup

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Fri Oct 31 01:31:06 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014, at 09:12 PM, Dusty Mabe wrote:

> So.. not the easiest thing to test because I couldn't find any atomic
> images with this package installed.

It is possible to compose trees on your own too, using local packages. A  quick HOWTO:

yum install rpm-ostree
cd /srv
git clone https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-atomic/
mkdir /srv/repo
ostree --repo=/srv/repo init --mode=archive-z2
mkdir local-repo
cp /path/to/docker-storage-setup.rpm local-repo
(cd local-repo && createrepo .)
# edit fedora-atomic/fedora-atomic-base.json to add a yum repo pointing to /srv/local-repo
rpm-ostree compose tree --repo=/srv/repo fedora-atomic/fedora-atomic-docker-host.json

Then set up a static webserver pointing at /srv/repo.  In the client system:

ostree remote add local --set=gpg-verify=false http://192.168.122.1/repo
atomic rebase local:

> rpm2cpio docker-storage-setup-0.0.3-1.fc21.noarch.rpm | cpio -idv
> cp usr/bin/docker-storage-setup /usr/local/bin/docker-storage-setup

That works too though.  Thanks for testing!