Reporting validation results with relval: please update python-mwclient to 0.7

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 31 16:46:08 UTC 2014

Hi, folks. Sorry for the cross-post, but wanted to try reach everyone
I'd mentioned my little 'relval' tool to.

If you have been using 'relval' to report validation results, or are
thinking of trying it, please make sure you update python-mwclient to
0.7. Josef Skladanka submitted a few results using relval yesterday
which messed up the Desktop page, and kindly fixed up the page and let
me know about the problem (thanks, Josef!)

On investigation I found the problem is that python-mwclient 0.6.5 is
missing the ability to read in the text of a single page section (it
looks like it has it, but it actually doesn't). Any time you submit a
result to a multi-section page with python-mwclient 0.6.5, this will
happen. With python-mwclient 0.7 it works fine.

I'm going to send out a python-wikitcms update which requires
python-mwclient 0.7 ASAP, and get the python-mwclient 0.7 update into
stable for all releases also ASAP, but just in case anyone isn't
updating regularly or anything, I thought I'd send a note. Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey