do we need an "environment" in the comps group for cloud?

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 5 20:17:25 UTC 2014

On thinking about this, I think we actually _don't_ want this -- if people

> are building their own images, using a kickstart file and automated process
> is really the right way, and on the other side, we don't want people
> accidentally installing cloud-init on their laptops (possibly thinking that
> the environment means remote cloud storage or calendaring/mail features or
> something like that).

I'm not sure I agree.  I often do an anaconda-based installation, then use
that kickstart file as a base for my other installations.  I agree that
cloud-init might not be appropriate for that environmenet group, but I
certainly can envision someone wanting to install a cloud-like image from
anaconda to use as a base for further development.

--
Jared Smith