Fedora 21 Alpha RC testing request

Mike Ruckman roshi at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 17 23:42:26 UTC 2014

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 09:00:58PM +0200, Haïkel wrote:

> > As a release blocker for Alpha or final?
> >

> Both, as alpha release requirements are much less restrictive but I'm
> open on the alpha side.
>
> > I don't want to block the alpha if we don't have it ready (but I think
> > we do) but absolutely want this to be a blocker for the final.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > jzb
>
> Works for me, and *YES*, it should block the final release !

We (mattdm, adamw and myself) discussed this in #cloud and then also in the
#atomic meeting. There's already a lot of stuff to validate for the F21 release
with the current load of products to be tested. As it's written now in the
Changes page on the wiki [0] "If all fails, there simply won't be a Fedora
Atomic Cloud Image product for F21." Trying to slip this in after the fact will
just make it harder for us to get a 2014 Fedora release.

The course of action we landed on for the Atomic image was to use the rest of
this release cycle to come up with the docs and processes we need in order to
have Atomic as a release blocking image for F22.

tl;dr: Atomic won't block for F21 release.

I've started a wiki space to plan this bit out [1] (feel free to move it), and
dustymabe has offered to help come up with testcases and I'll be doing the
same as I get time to devote to it. The more people to work on writing the docs
we need the more solid it will be for F22.

Thanks!

[0] - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Atomic_Cloud_Image
[1] - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Roshi/QA/Cloud_Docs#Atomic.2FDocker

--