Cloud WG proposed new slate [was: cloud wg official membership refresh?]

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 30 22:20:22 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 04:38:36PM -0500, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> > Okay, so, I went through the IRC logs, e-mail archives,
> > https://github.com/fedora-cloud/, and tickets. I identified this last of the
> > the most active cloud SIG members, and I think that the voting WG membership
> > should reflect this. This ends up dropping quite a few of the active
> > members, which I think is okay -- it's not a black mark or anything. We've
> > been operating very well with a blurred line and now formal distinction, and
> > this is just meant to bring the list into sync with activity.
> Should we have a "speak up by X date or hold your peace" on this?
> (I generally favor lazy consensus, 72 hours.)

I'm in favor too, but technically, by the governance structure we agreed to
originally, this falls under "should be voted on in a ticket" --
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cloud/Governance#Making_Decisions

I was thinking to give people a chance to say "wait, I'm going to be more
active" or "you totally left me out unfairly" (hopefully that didn't happen,
but seriously, accidental if it did) or also "hold on I'm not going to be
able to do this so please don't add me" before making a ticket.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>