Starting the Talking Points for F22

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Thu Apr 9 12:31:49 UTC 2015

On 04/07/2015 02:27 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 07, 2015 at 10:40:48AM -0700, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>>> And I also added a question .... how do we want to talk about Atomic in
>>> this release?
>> Features, benefits and advantages ;-)
>
> Yes, those, please. :)
>
> But, also, are we going to talk about it in context of the planned
> every-two-week releases, and as "graduating" from the cloud umbrella,
> or about its at-F22 state and as a Cloud SIG/WG output?

Here's what I'd say, lemme know if this sounds sane:

"What we've found so far is that the Fedora Project is a great home for
the kind of work we're doing to develop Atomic Hosts and keep up with
changes in the various projects that require changes all the way up the
stack. However, the Fedora *release* schedule is actually a bit of a
constraint - and we also don't want to cause Fedora releases to slip
because we may have a bug that only affects production of the Atomic
host and none of the other editions, including the standard Cloud offering.

So we've decided that while the technologies are maturing so rapidly,
it's better have a fast-moving remix or spin that gives users the
opportunity to use a Fedora-based Atomic Host and gives our developers
the ability to move fast and break things if needed."

Thoughts, comments, flames?

Best,

jzb

--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst