[DISCUSS] Making Atomic the cloud edition

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Wed Aug 26 13:29:09 UTC 2015

On 08/18/2015 08:34 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:

> On Aug 18, 2015 5:54 PM, "Joe Brockmeier" <jzb at redhat.com
> <mailto:jzb at redhat.com>> wrote:
>> We also will continue to do the base cloud image - that won't go away -
>> but it won't be the focus of the working group or its marketing.
>
> If it won't be the focus of the cloud work group, who do you expect to
> monitor its creation and correct operation?  I worry that it will fall
> by the wayside and bit rot into a state of disrepair.

Realized this morning that I responded face-to-face on this but not in
email. D'oh!

Most of the work that would go into making the base image is happening
already. We need to test it, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of churn
or major lifting required to keep creating the image. We don't seem to
have a lot of ideas for making the image more interesting - so there
won't be a lot of work from release to release there. (If we were
proposing a radical overhaul of some sort and saying "it's not the main
focus" then I would agree it's going to be problematic.)

Does anybody else feel we are unable to maintain the image as a sort of
basic offering for folks not ready to jump on Atomic?

Best,

jzb

--
Joe Brockmeier | Community Team, OSAS