Fresh AMIs (official Fedora acct, min vol size)

David Gay dgay at redhat.com
Tue Feb 3 04:00:27 UTC 2015

Hello, cloud friends.

I've attached a signed list of fresh AMIs for the images we provide through [1]. If no one sees any problems here, we could ask someone from the web team to update that page with these new AMIs.

Notables:

- These AMIs were registered on the *official* Fedora AWS account, to which few people (to my knowledge) have access
  - The AMIs currently listed on [1] were registered with the less-locked-down community cloud account

- AMI volume sizes are now "tailored to fit", to reduce AWS costs
  - Base images use 3 GB volumes (our minimum)
  - Atomic images use 7 GB volumes (uncompressed Atomic images are about 6.1 GB)

- Fedimg jobs were triggered on the fedimg01 machine, so there's a trail of fedmsgs like [2]

[1]: https://getfedora.org/en/cloud/download/
[2]: https://apps.fedoraproject.org/datagrepper/id?id=2015-d218ae58-ce79-46d8-9c61-4ff7e1e1c15a&is_raw=true&size=extra-large

-- David