Size of base Fedora 32 Docker image

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Fri Jan 9 07:36:04 UTC 2015

I'm starting to build Docker images on the Fedora base and I'm a
little concerned about the size of the images. For example, the Debian
base is 85.1 MB, the Ubuntu base is 192 MB and the CentOS base is 224
MB. The Fedora base is 250.2 MB and that's *before* I install any
application code.

Is there any way I can build a smaller base? Ideally I'd like
something under 100 MB but even getting it under 200 MB would be
worthwhile.

--
OSJourno: Robust Power Tools for Digital Journalists
http://www.znmeb.mobi/stories/osjourno-robust-power-tools-for-digital-journalists

Remember, if you're traveling to Bactria, Hump Day is Tuesday and Thursday.