Fedora 21 on Digital Ocean Testing

Dusty Mabe dusty at dustymabe.com
Mon Jan 12 20:24:06 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 01:50:20PM -0600, Major Hayden wrote:

> On 1/12/15 12:59 PM, Dusty Mabe wrote:
> > Fedora 21 is now out on Digital Ocean.. before we promote it to the
> > rest of the community I'd like to give you all an opportunity to test
> > a bit. roshi and I have already been giving it some love but it's
> > possible there are things that we missed.
>
> Hey Dusty,
>
> It looks good except I have no option to run the latest available Fedora 21 kernel after a reboot:
>
>   # rpm -q kernel-core
>   kernel-core-3.17.4-301.fc21.x86_64
>   kernel-core-3.17.8-300.fc21.x86_64
>   # uname -r
>   3.17.4-301.fc21.x86_64
>
> I checked in the web interface and 3.17.8-300 wasn't available there either.

Yeah they have some people on the backend that manage kernel's. This
is brand new so they haven't had a chance to pick it up yet. From what
I gather DO wants to move away from this external kernel management so
that you can update your kernel as you see fit.

So... if you wait a bit they should have the newer ones available.

Dusty