Size of base Fedora 32 Docker image

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Wed Jan 14 02:52:36 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 6:48 PM, Pádraig Brady <P at draigbrady.com> wrote:
> Note coreutils is up the top at 14.6MB
> It has a new feature in recent versions to reduce disk usage with:
>   ./configure --enable-single-binary
> It might be worth trying out?  Caveat is some more shared
> libs for some tools, which associated higher virt mem usage.
> This drops the binaries disk usage from about 5.3MB to 1.2MB
> (there are about 10MB of translations and docs).
>
> cheers,
> Pádraig.

The images I've been looking at have a lot of "translations and docs"
removed compared to a stock Fedora Server. I assume those could be
removed from coreutils as well.

OSJourno: Robust Power Tools for Digital Journalists
http://www.znmeb.mobi/stories/osjourno-robust-power-tools-for-digital-journalists

Remember, if you're traveling to Bactria, Hump Day is Tuesday and Thursday.