Local DNSSEC resolver and Docker(containers)

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Fri Jan 16 07:27:10 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 01:17:16PM -0500, Matt Micene wrote:

> Docker already supports a --dns option on the commandline to pass details
> for /etc/resolv.conf.   For the various container solutions, I'd expect
> providing a standard consumable location for the resolver would be a good
> start.  A container specific implementation looks like a slippery slope.

In any case, we need a solution which will not require users to
change their habits and put --dns option to all their docker runs.
If Fedora changes /etc/resolv.conf by default, the appropriate
changes are needed in other places (possibly patching docker with
something like https://github.com/docker/docker/pull/9239) to minimize
the impact.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat