Testing Docker images (and possibly other cloud images) in CentOS CI

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 2 18:39:38 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 12:22:54PM -0500, Scott Collier wrote:
> AIUI, this all goes through the Fedora-Dockerfiles repo.  I don't
> know what this would look like, but I'm envisioning the CentOS
> Jenkins system pulling in this repo, and then running x scripts to
> confirm things are working, based on some trigger.  At that point,
> maybe it sends an email out to a list for pass / fail?  Which list?
> These are details we will work out.

*nod* (And taking the test list off of the CC since the following
isn't a test discussion...)

I can't believe I didn't consult with you on the Layered Builds change
proposal, since you've been doing the Fedora Dockerfiles. Sorry — I
should have made sure you were included. As you've probably seen, the
change calls for "dist-git" style management of the dockerfiles, which
would mean one repo for each one, rather than one mega-repo — the
theory being that this can scale better and allow more independence.

This seemed like a good idea to me, but I hadn't really stopped to
consider the impact on the current Fedora Dockerfiles package. I guess
eventually it could be separated into various components — or in fact
could be the basis of an initial immediate set. What do you think?

Another thing of note: we could talk with Infrastructure about adding
Pagure support to all the new dist-git repos, so they'd all have a web
based interface, pull requests, etc.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>