Testing Docker images (and possibly other cloud images) in CentOS CI

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Thu Jul 2 18:47:42 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015, at 02:39 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
>  As you've probably seen, the
> change calls for "dist-git" style management of the dockerfiles, which
> would mean one repo for each one, rather than one mega-repo — the
> theory being that this can scale better and allow more independence.

Honestly I've often wished dist-git supported multiple packages per git
repo.  (Really, everything should support aggregration, including
less lame chain-builds).

For example, it's quite common when submitting new packages for review
to have *multiple* which are very similar (A depends on B), and we just amplify
our pain for little gain by splitting everything up all of the time into tiny little bits.

Github does quite well with the $organization/$component model, and in
a lot of cases it'd make sense to match that in dist-git (and package names...).