/usr/bin/ps missing from fedora:22 docker base image

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 8 10:26:18 UTC 2015

> No, I mean that when you run the container in cluster (like in
> Kubernetes/Atomic/OpenShift) you obviously
> don't have "docker top" but you have "kubectl exec" or "oc exec". You don't
> know on which node the container
> runs and therefore you need to use the "exec" approach.

Ok, that's much less sketchy than supporting SysV initscript installation.
To me, it's a matter of Kubernetes not exposing information that is available by
the underlying engine. First step would be opening a RFE to kubernetes/OpenShift
to make this available.
Requiring images to provide ps for this use is a *workaround*

Moreover, fixing deps in rolekit would just fix the original issue.
That would benefit to people using systemd-networkd (like our cloud
images) and wants to use
rolekit.

H.