Cloud image use cases

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 10 11:59:17 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I was hoping someone could clarify the use cases for the cloud image,
particularly in light of the reductions being looked at (like removing
python).  I ask because I honestly don't know what purpose the cloud
image is serving any longer.

The atomic image is squarely targeted at being small, and for running
containers.  It is somewhat positioned as a CoreOS solution.  With
that being the case, I'm curious how the cloud image is different and
not a repetitive image simply not using the atomic mechanisms.

thanks.

josh