Fedora 22 is out, Fedora 23 is coming :)

Matt Micene nzwulfin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 18:26:32 UTC 2015

I see 3 editions based on the current images offered [1] (not a fan of the
terms, just looking at the web page):
* Base Cloud
* Atomic Host
* Docker Base

The current Cloud PRD [2] refers (in my reading) mainly to Base Cloud.
This is where I think the discussion of removal of python sits.  I think
it's a balance between Req #1 of the PRD and Req #6 as well as sticking to
the user stories, not building a new way users are required to use Fedora.

Building updated images as an *option* for folks who want to or have the
processes in place to do "immutable servers" or other Ops patterns
shouldn't preclude those who still want to run "dnf update" from using
Fedora Base Cloud.

What Atomic is going to do re: faster 2 week releases starting w/ F22 b/c
of speed of release of core software is separate.  It adds to the
confusion, certainly.

And I jumped the gun on SCL, I hadn't realized that proposal had been
marked rejected after stalling on package reviews.  I think Req #5 and the
need for multiple stacks is the ideal argument for SCL.

[1] https://getfedora.org/en/cloud/download/
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cloud/Cloud_PRD?rd=Cloud_PRD