Fedora 22 is out, Fedora 23 is coming :)

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 11 14:01:33 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 04, 2015 at 02:10:05PM -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > But in order to be really useful unless they're all-in on Fedora, many
> > people will want the python version for their
> > infrastructure/environment, not whichever python we happen to ship in a
> > given release.
> "I will provide flexibility and utility by providing no flexibility
> and utility" sounds like a crappy marketing point to me.

For a practical example: Ansible doesn't currently support Python 3. If
we change the cloud image to python3 — as is the expected plan, right?
— having that system python there doesn't provide any benefit. It's
just extra weight.

The early PRD called for a library of different images for different
purposes, in addition to the base, and I think we're still interested
in that — it's just not ready yet. That might include various
ansible-ready or puppet-ready images, possibly with other tools
installed as fits the use case.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>