Fedora 22 is out, Fedora 23 is coming :)

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 11 15:44:52 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 11:22:37AM -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > Yes. Or just `dnf install` if the version is right. Just like you would
> > with ruby or whatever else.
> dnf requires python (unless you use that C version you pointed out,
> which I had other objections to).  Circles anyone?

Circles indeed -- that was the start of this thread, wasn't it.

> > I think that's why it hasn't been done yet. The plan would be for them
> > to be largely auto-generated and auto-tested, unlike spins (which, as
> > largely desktop/GUI focused outputs, are hard to test automatically).
> That helps with image creation.  It doesn't help with scale, too much
> choice, and churn.  Just because something is possible technically,
> doesn't mean it is a good idea.

Not sure what you mean by "scale" then. I also don't think too much
choice is a problem here. See for example the success of
<https://bitnami.com/stacks>, which is a similar idea. And churn --
well, we have other initiatives aimed at modulating that.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>