Fedora 22 is out, Fedora 23 is coming :)

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 11 16:31:10 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 12:20 PM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 12:01:29PM -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
>> That is an app store.  You want the cloud image(s) to be "app/stack"
>> oriented?  How is that not going to run into literally the same
>> problem you describe with having python installed?  What if someone
>> wants version XYZ of drupal instead of what is in Fedora?
>
> Then Fedora isn't catering to that need very well?

>> Why wouldn't you instead focus on the base cloud image, and then if
>> you want the app store model have a backend service that generated a
>> "app/stack" image on the fly for someone to download.  That seems a
>
> Sure -- that's one of the approaches we've discussed.
>

>> > well, we have other initiatives aimed at modulating that.
>> Such as?
>
> Such as the modularization effort we just approved in the council?

I don't see how that is going to help with "you need to use Docker.
No wait, rocket.  No, I mean this other thing.  Wait, containers?
Those are terrible.  Use xzy." in a model where you're spitting out
images per technology.  Modularization _enables_ you to spit out those
images at a lower cost, but it doesn't help with churn at all.

josh