Fedora 22 is out, Fedora 23 is coming :)

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Thu Jun 11 18:45:58 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 11:30 AM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 11:05:25AM -0700, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>> 3. I see no need for a separate "cloud hosting" install medium that's
>> any different from Server. A cloud host *is* a server.
>
> I know we've had this conversation before. Fedora Server is, largely,
> addressing the more traditional server model, where each machine serves
> a unique purposes and is carefully maintained. Fedora Cloud is
> addressing the emerging cloud computing world, and provides a base for
> deploying scale-out applications.

But do they need different install media? Or can they live within one
release image that has selectable options?

I think a Workstation Live image, a netinstall image and a server DVD
image are sufficient to create any Fedora laptop, desktop, server or
cloud installation you want. Is that not the case? For an install
without internet there would be some packages that aren't on the DVD
image but you could have them on your intranet.